Curriculum and Assessment Resources
As schools get ready for a new school year, we face a great deal of uncertainty. Even in communities where schools say they will be back in business full-time, it’s clear that some percentage of families will want to stay with the social distancing for at least a while longer.
Given that, there are ideas that many prominent educators have been suggesting for years that can be particularly applicable for thinking about your curriculum and assessment for the upcoming school year.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Allison Zmuda ran a 4-part series on preparing curriculum and assessment for the new year for the site Learning Personalized. Check out the links below:
- Curriculum Choices in the Face of COVID19
- Deciding What to Cut, What to Keep and What to Create
- The Power of Self-Evaluation
- Responsive Return Strategies
Jay McTighe and Giselle O. Martin-Kniep write about how the concept of badges can guide instruction. These strategies can be just as useful in the face-to-face classroom as in a virtual learning environment:
Are there other resources that you have found useful? Please share in the comments below!
- Test July 2021
- Curriculum and Assessment Resources
- Supporting Rhode Island’s April Reading Challenge with Richer Picture
- No Final Exams? Use Portfolios To Capture the Year of Learning
- Personal Entries: How To Capture Home Learning Moments
- Personalizing Assessment with Digital Badges
- Demonstrating the Whole Child with Digital Badges
- Project-Based Learning and Digital Portfolios
- Individual Learning Plans and Digital Badges
- Using Data Dashboards Effectively
- New Initiatives? Digital Portfolios Can Help
- Chapter 6: Building a Badge- and Portfolio-Friendly Culture
- Chapter 5: Tours – Student Presentations of Badges and Portfolios
- Chapter 4: Effective Feedback and Rubrics
- Chapter 3: Creating Portfolio-Worthy / Badge-Worthy Tasks
- Chapter 2: Defining Badges
- Chapter 1: Setting the Vision
- Welcome back to the Richer Picture blog!
- What Does Competency-Based Learning Really Mean?
- Badges and the Habits of Mind
- Badges, Pathways and Success Plans
- Digital Badges and Goal-Setting
- Portfolios and report cards
- Reflecting on reflections
- How do we introduce portfolios in our school?
- How do we share rubrics?
- What does “personalization” mean?
- Mini-exhibitions – a first step on the journey
- A Guide for Transformation — “Bold Moves” by Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Marie Alcock
- Portfolios and Badges – A Guide Throughout the Year
- Starting at the End
- A Framework for Personalization – “Students at the Center” by Bena Kallick and Allison Zmuda
- Computer Science Standards
- Digital Badges and Portfolios
- Portfolios vs Scrapbooks
- Organizing Your Portfolio Around Competencies
- What Goes into a Portfolio?
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Since you're here to read you might want to check this out
The New ASCD Book from David Niguidula
Demonstrating Student Mastery with Digital Badges & Portfolio
Step by step, this book lays out how your school can become more personalized and achieve higher degrees of mastery simultaneously